Thursday, October 2, 2008

Please Support Gay Marriage in California!

Gay marriage is now legal in California. But unfortunately a group is trying to add a constitutional amendment to the ballot that would take away that right. It will be voted on in November.

I personally believe that the popular vote should have no bearing on whether me or people like me have rights. Why should some old lady in Fresno have a right to say whether or not gay people should have the right to get married when she has probably never even met one?

Back in 1967 California legalised interracial marriage. And conservatives called it Judicial Tyranny. But that's what the courts are there for. To protect our rights and make sure everyone is treated fairly.

I personally do not believe that we should leave this up to "Democracy" because if you look historically at the popular vote: it was used to keep slavery around, it was used to keep segregation around, and now it is being used to try and give gay people a seperate but equal version of marriage. Well seperate but equal is anything but equal.

if this amendment goes to ballot please; in November, vote against it and tell all your friends and family members to also. John and Bob getting married is not going to affect your life, it's not going to affect your pocketbook...it has no affect whatsoever to heterosexuals. So please...

Brando
"In Germany they came first for the Communists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

We are not a dictatorship. Gay people are not scapegoats. We are not the reason the country is sucking right now. Don't brush this off because you think it doesn't apply for you. If you give the state the right to take away the rights of few...eventually they will take away the rights of many.

No comments: