Friday, November 7, 2008

Palin Learns the Hard Way - Republicans Turn On Palin

Interesting on the Daily Show today. Fox News did a piece on the O'Reilly factor basically trashing Palin. Saying she couldn't name all the countries in North America (a lot of people can't, its not just Canada mexico and the USA...there are also plenty of island nations considered apart of North America) and didn't know that Africa was a continent and not a country.

Normally I would relish in this kind of negative reporting; but the election is over and I no longer fear the idea of being governed by Palin. So therefore my anger towards her has subsided.

So instead I take pause, and do something I thought I'd never do. Defend Palin.

The reason? Fox News is reporting it. And i hate them more than I could hate any Republican individual. This is incredibly transparent. Sarah Palin's nomination energized the conservative base. She has a long future ahead of her. At the same time she is part of the reason why McCain lost independant support.

So the Republicans have to rebrand, ditch Palin..but how can they do that when so many of their loyal followers adore her? Trash her. Tear her limb from limb. Fox helped push the hype over Palin, and now they must undo the hype by turning against her in the cruelest of fashion.

Those Republicans are schemers. Not afraid to throw one of their own under the bus to advance their agenda. I'm hoping it backfires. I hope angry Palin supporters write Fox News and demand more "fair and balanced" coverage of the Governor. And I hope she runs again in 2012; gets the nomination. Loses again. And then runs in 2016. Gets the nomination and loses again. Then wins again in 2020; gets the nomination and so on and so forth. You get the drift.

Bring it on Palin. Shame on you Faux News

No comments: