Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Murdoch Space

I never go on Myspace unless i have my trusty Firefox with adblock firmly at my side lol. But I decided to check it the other day on evil bug ridden Internet Explorer and found about a dozen anti Obama ads.

So Murdoch Space finally shows its true colors. I wrote to "Tom" and he had this to say.

"MySpace supports equality. I personally have always welcomed diversity as part of the very fabric of the MySpace community. Over the last few days, ads related to various political propositions that spoke in direct conflict to that ran on our site. These ads came through a third party ad network and we worked to immediately remove them. Like most websites, we do not always have a direct relationship with advertisers that use the ad network, so it was difficult to get them removed. As we fought to remove one advertiser, another would pop up immediately after. I'd like to apologize to anyone who was offended by these advertisement and you have my commitment that we will continue to work to prevent similar happenings in the future. MySpace is for everyone, and we do not want to offend our users by running ads that make them feel uncomfortable."

No comments: