Monday, December 22, 2008

An Open Letter to Rick Warren

Rev Warren,

My parents too where against gay marriage till they realized that they had a gay son...that nobody made him this way...that he couldn't change. Then suddenly gay marriage no longer seemed like the end of society...but as an opportunity for their son to not have to spend the rest of his life alone.

As they age, my religious parents have changed their minds about gay marriage. Respectfully Mr Warren...your denomonation of Christianity does not have a philosophical or theological monopoly on what the Bible says. I go to a Church..it is not Unitarian...but it is a Christian church preaching that the only salvation is through Christ and my pastor would have gladly married me.

But you took that right away from him when you supported Prop 8; and you caused my parents sadness and stress when they saw people like you "picking" on their flesh and blood.

Their is a human face to gay marriage Mr. Warren. Please; if you will not reconsider your position at least agree to a debate on the issue against one of your peers who sees things differently.

Thank you

No comments: